I stopped drinking milk and started drinking coffee when I was two. Yes, at two years old. Well I don’t remember, it was what my family told me but I know that I’ve been a coffee lover before I learned my ABCs.
I would like to share this easy and delicious Asian dessert than you can do and enjoy with your family during this quarantine season.
You may also use a decaf coffee so the kids can dive in too.
- 1 box (1 ounce) unflavored gelatin (I used Knox)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 1 can (12.8 ounces) table cream
- In a sauce pot, bring 3 cups of the water to a boil. Add instant coffee and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin on the remaining 1 cup of cold water. Let stand for about 1 minute or until gelatin powder begins to bloom.
- Gradually add the 3 cups of boiling coffee and stir constantly for about 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved and no granules are visible.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish and allow to completely cool. Refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or until completely set.
- In a bowl, combine condensed milk and table cream. Stir until blended.
- Cut set gelatin into 1-inch cubes and divide into serving cups. Top with sweetened cream. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Serve cold.