M Taylor posted an update 2 weeks, 2 days ago
“Persuasive Apologetics” by Jeffrey Robinson is a great read for anyone wanting to improve their skills for Christian apologetics in today’s highly charged religious and political culture. Some of the many great points the author makes include:
– Reasons why Christians have a duty for presenting the Christian worldview to others.
– Doing apologetics in a loving way without compromising your convictions (very good coverage, especially in today’s culture).
– Common pitfalls to becoming an effective Christian witness.
– Suggestions for loving others well and resulting of earning an audience with others.
– Description of apologetics tactics.
– Ways Jesus Christ used apologetics in the New Testament.
– Addressing hypocrisy in the church when mentioned by someone in a discussion (hint: acknowledge that hypocrisy does exist in the church without people using that as an excuse for not coming to faith in Christ.
– Addressing various world religions.
– Comparing Jesus Christ to other religious figures.
Here’s what I like about the book:
– Very easy to read and understand.
– Very good footnotes for quotes and further study.
– Not a simplistic or burdensome read (around 150 pages).
– Good balance of spiritual and practical insights.
– Appropriate for the pastor or layperson.
Overall, a great read and recommended. I was given a review copy by Kregel in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.