M Taylor posted an update 3 weeks, 1 day ago
“Gracism” by David Anderson is a good read on the importance of treating everyone with respect, regardless of your differences with them. Around 170 pages, some of the topics addressed include:
– 8 helpful saying that a “Gracist” can say to encourage others.
– Honor others from their perspective, not yours (in other words, walk in their shoes).
– Be careful of the way you talk about others from a difference ethnic group, class, or gender. You don’t have to agree with them, but treat them with respect.
– Seek commonality with those you differ with.
– The importance of using social privilege for God’s glory instead of elevating ourselves.
– Ways we can give honor to others.
– Suggested do’s and don’ts for online interaction.
– Praying for and with others.
A very readable title, relevant and timely, comes with good discussion questions, and smoothly transitions from chapter to chapter. Very good read and recommended.
I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.