M Taylor posted an update 5 months, 1 week ago
“Behold And Become” is a great read on reading God’s Word for not just information but personal transformation. Indeed, a potential problem is when we think that just reading God’s Holy Bible will only result in knowing more about God and having knowledge of the Bible instead of being personally transformed and growing in spiritual maturity.
Around 220 pages, the book addresses many relevant topics, including:
– Relevant points about biblical inerrancy (Bible is without errors) and infallibility (the Bible is a reliable guide for truth and life).
– The necessity of the Bible in the Christian believer’s life.
– The futility of trying to attain salvation apart from Jesus Christ.
– Ways God works in and through us as we read the Bible.
– Ways to engage the Bible for producing spiritual fruit (for example: reading the Bible regularly).
– Using observation, interpretation, and application when reading the Bible.
– Importance of meditating on the Bible.
– Importance of participating in a biblical community (i.e., church).
Here’s what I liked about the title:
– While an academic read, relatively easy to read and understand.
– Seems to be firmly based on the Bible and not just the author’s opinion.
– Smooth flow from chapter to chapter.
– Very helpful appendix that clearly summarizes the book’s content in each chapter. For example, if you want to read on a particular topic, the appendix is very helpful.
– Good footnotes for further study.
Great read and recommended.
I was given a review copy by Kregel in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.