M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago
In a day and age where people try to be their own moral authority, “Divine Love Theory” by Adam Johnson is a good read on God as being the ultimate source of morality. Using the Christian doctrine of the Trinity (God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), the author strongly makes the case that the relationship between the Trinity is a great model for moral living.
Some of the topics addressed include:
– Theistic and atheistic disagreements over what is objective truth.
– Description of Divine Love Theory (God is the ultimate source of what is moral living).
– Description of Atheistic Moral Theory (people can determine what is moral living).
– Various ways the Trinity demonstrates moral living.
– Distinctions between the members of the Trinity.
– Since the members of the Trinity love each other, God is loving toward us.
– Human obedience to God resembles the relationship between the Trinity.
Here’s what the reader can like about this title:
– Well-organized and good flow from chapter to chapter.
– The author makes a strong case for relying on the Trinity for guiding us in moral living.
– Great bibliography for further reading.
– While an academic title, the book could be used for personal study.
Great read for anyone who senses that there is a much higher form of life to rely on instead of just ourselves. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Kregel in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.