M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago
“The Emotions Of God” by David Lamb is a great read for anyone who wonders if God has emotions. According to the Bible – indeed He does! Around 200 pages, some of the topics addressed include:
– Why we don’t want to associate emotions with God.
– Various emotions God expresses in the Bible.
– Detailed study of the emotions God expresses in the Bible.
– How we can express emotions for God’s glory and for the benefit of others.
– How hate is defined and expressed in the Bible.
– Various ways God expresses anger in the Bible.
– Healthy and unhealthy forms of jealousy.
– Examples of weeping in the Bible.
– How Jesus expressed compassion in the Bible.
After reading the book, here’s what I like:
– Pretty easy to read and understand the author’s points and flow from chapter to chapter.
– Covers a wide range of emotions and topics.
– Addresses the pleasant and unpleasant emotions expressed by God in the Bible.
– Very helpful footnotes, bibliography, and scripture index for further study.
– Good clarification of emotions expressed, lest the reader misunderstand God or misinterpret the points made in the book.
Very good read and will be read again. Recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.