M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago
“Recalibrating Your Life” by Ken Boa is a great read for making adjustments to your personal life for greater productivity and fulfillment for God’s glory. Written from a Christian perspective, the book addresses many topics, including:
– Making God and other people important in your life (hint: it’s just about you!).
– The wisdom of realizing our life on earth is temporary.
– Not seeing your job as just a place to get a paycheck.
– Suggestions for discovering your individual purpose.
– Being a good steward of our time, gifts, relationships, etc.
After finishing the book, here’s what I like:
– Written from an admittingly Christian perspective (while some readers may not like this, as a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ, I like seeing a perspective that starts with and focuses on God instead of just thinking about myself).
– Full of good practical and spiritual insights.
– Contains many good suggestions for discovering the unique purpose God has for you.
– Focuses on the individual and not just a corporate approach (it’s good to read a book targeted towards the individual – once the person lives with a better purpose, those around that person, whether at home/work/church/etc., will benefit).
– Good scripture reference and notes section for further reading and study.
– Easy title to read and understand.
– Good transition from chapter to chapter and topic to topic.
Enjoyed reading and will be read again. Another great title by Ken Boa and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.