M Taylor posted an update 3 weeks, 1 day ago
While I have read some titles by C.S. Lewis, I have never read any biographies on him and did not know much about his life. “Not A Tame Lion” by Terry Glaspey is a great read on Lewis’ life and insights on his thoughts on particular topics. Around 250 pages, the book is divided into 2 almost equal parts: Lewis’ life, and his writings and thoughts on many topics (Jesus Christ, pain, humor, friendship, death, heaven, sin, prayer, etc.). Having just finished the book, here’s what I liked about the title:
– Very insightful on the many challenges he faced in life, how he came to faith in Jesus Christ, early life, experiences in World War I, college experiences, how he became a prolific writer, etc.
– Enjoyed reading his thoughts on many topics as those mentioned above (i.e., friendship, Jesus Christ, heaven, etc.).
– Well organized read (not choppy or bounces back and forth).
– Very good footnotes.
– Comprehensive list of Lewis titles for readers to enjoy.
– Bibliography for further reading on C.S. Lewis’ life.
– Easy to read and comprehend.
– The reader will come away with a lot more knowledge on C.S. Lewis and his writings.
Great read and recommended. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunitiy.