M Taylor posted an update 3 months, 1 week ago
“Reactivity” by Paul David Tripp is a great read for improving human relationships, whether online or in person. While the book appears to target more online relationships, the principles are also applicable to in-person relationships.
Around 170 pages, some of the points made include:
– What should be the norm in our social media discussions and responses.
– Understand the situation before you jump in and respond.
– What sin is and does to us.
– Grace can keep us from using truth to disrespect others.
– What responding to others in grace means.
– Living for our self-glory instead of for God’s glory hurts our ability to love others and treat them with respect.
– Various ways selfishness negatively affects us and our interactions with others.
– Who God is should change the way we interact with and treat others.
– Values to have that can help to get along better with others.
– Suggestions for how to treat others with dignity.
Good read, easy to understand, good balance of spiritual and practical insights, a great title that challenges and encourages the reader to consider how to have better relationships. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Crossway in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.