M Taylor posted an update 4 months ago
“Zero Hour America” is a great wake up call for our country to either turn back to its spiritual roots or go down the drain like other countries have over the centuries. Around 200 pages, some of the many topics covered include:
– Questions we need to ask ourselves.
– 2 extreme attitudes in our country today.
– The 3 basic choices Americans need to make about the direction of our country.
– The philosophical cynicism that many Americans seem to have today (and regretfully, sometimes with good reason!).
– The ever-widening gap between the elites and the common people.
– 7 defining features of freedom that made our country great (however, this needs to apply to everyone, not just the privileged).
– The consequences of not enjoying and appropriately combining freedom with responsibility.
– Being accountable to God.
– Being respectful of others’ freedom, even when you disagree with them.
– 4 areas where the Bible is emphatic on human freedom and responsibility.
As with other Os Guinness titles, this book is easy to read, thought-provoking, a good spiritual foundation for the points the author makes, and will appeal to many types of people. Enjoyable read and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.