M Taylor posted an update 2 months, 2 weeks ago
“Workers For Your Joy” is a great read for anyone wanting to become a more productive and fruitful servant in a local church. Around 300 pages, many topics are covered, including:
– 5 characteristics of desirable pastors.
– 2 ways humility is portrayed by servants and how God takes initiative in developing humility in us.
– 7 characteristic on the importance of teaching God’s Word.
– Importance of being sober-minded in today’s world.
– True leaders will be known for their endurance and quality instead of just numbers and quantity.
– Ways pastors can practice dignity towards themselves and others.
– Questions to ask yourself in determining whether to engage or avoid conflict.
– 5 differences between true Christian leaders and those who are just celebrities.
Great read: very easy to read and understand, full of excellent spiritual and practical suggestions, smooth flow from chapter to chapter, helpful appendices, and helpful footnotes. Very timely read in a time when trust in authority in church, business, and government continues to plummet.
Excellent reference and will be read again. Highly recommended. I was given a review copy by Crossway in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.