M Taylor posted an update 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Great read on the importance of working well and having appropriate times of rest. Around 220 pages, many topics are covered, including:
– Practicing a sabbath and having times of solitude and quiet is a way to show trust in God instead of our flesh.
– God prepares the way when we take times of rest.
– What trusting God can look like when we take a sabbath even with difficult issues in our life.
– Suggestions for observing a sabbath during various seasons of life.
– Planning for replenishment for our body, mind, and soul.
– Ways to practice a sabbath with a group of people.
– Don’t wait until things are perfect before you practice a sabbath and times of solitude.
– Suggesting for planning for a sabbath.
The book is easy to read, flows smoothly from chapter to chapter, covers relevant topics, and is an appropriate read for today’s hectic times where organizations (not all, but a good amount do!) expect their employees to be accessible at all times. Will be read again and recommended.
I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.