M Taylor posted an update 6 months, 1 week ago
“40 Questions About Prayer” is another great entry in Kregel Publications’ “40 Questions” series. As the title mentions, this book focuses on the many questions people have about prayer. Some of the questions include”
– Various types of prayer.
– What it means to pray in “Jesus’ name”.
– Why should we pray.
– Reasons why we don’t receive what we pray for.
– Setting aside a day for prayer.
– What we can learn from the prayers of various Christian groups.
– Does prayer change God’s mind.
Like the other “40 Questions” series, there are many things to like about this book:
– Each chapter is about 5 pages long (not long and drawn out).
– The authors’ responses get right to the point for each question.
– The contents page lists the 40 questions and page number the particular chapter starts (very handy in case you see a particularly interesting or personally important issue being addressed).
– While an academic title, the book is relatively easy understand and read (not a dry read).
– Helpful bibliography and scripture index for further reading and study.
Great title and recommended. I was given a review copy by Kregel Publications in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.