M Taylor posted an update 8 months, 1 week ago
“The Connected Life” by Todd Hall is a great read for improving relationships from a Christian perspective. Some of the many topics covered include:
– Today’s society experiencing a decline in trust, socializing, and other factors leading to a decrease in quality relationships.
– Various reasons for the increase in spiritual disconnections.
– How we use spirituality in misguided ways.
– Emotions playing an important role in our relationships.
– The connection between emotions and decision making.
– How attachment works in our relationships with other people and God.
– 6 indicators of a strong attachment to God.
– 2 essential components in true love for other people.
– How responding appropriately to suffering can increase the quality of our life.
The book is a great read: covers many relevant topics for better relationships, full of good information and relatively easy to read and understand, good spiritual and practical insights, and is not a choppy read (doesn’t go from one topic to another in a disorganized way.). Good read and recommended.
I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.