M Taylor posted an update 6 months, 3 weeks ago
As you may assume, the title “Going Higher With God In Prayer” by AW Tozer focuses on the importance of prayer for a closer relationship with God. Around 170 pages, some of the many great points made include:
– The closer we get to God, the farther away we are from the world (and how many true believers in Jesus Christ are willing to do this?).
– The difference between the person of faith and the person of unbelief.
– Barriers to unanswered prayer.
– Yielding and humbling ourselves before God is more important than our qualifications.
– God cares about the individual (I say “AMEN” to that!).
– God cares about the details of our life.
– We need Jesus, not a flashy personality, to run the church.
– How to be prepared for the devil’s attacks (and they will come!).
Like other Tozer titles, the book is encouraging, thought-provoking, and convicting. Good flow between the book’s chapters and well-written. Recommended and will be read again. I was given a review copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.