M Taylor posted an update 8 months, 3 weeks ago
“Doing Church As A Team” is a good title for anyone seeking encouragement and insights for serving in a local church. Just over 200 pages, the book addresses many topics, including:
– The need for members to move from being a consumer to being a servant and contributing time and talent in a church.
– Being careful to not compare yourself with other believers in a church (everyone is important and has something to contribute).
– Relax and be the person God created you to be.
– Different types of spiritual gifts.
– Using your talents with the right motives.
– Taking responsibility for developing your gifts.
– Guidelines for developing a God-glorifying vision.
– Having healthy relationships within the church.
What I like about the title:
– Easy to read and understand the point the author is making.
– Covers many topics.
– Full of good encouragement.
I think the book was sometimes too heavy on illustrations and short on practical and spiritual application. Also would have liked to have seen more emphasis on practical and spiritual applications for improving relationships within the church (especially with the public’s decreasing trust in the church and other institutions and the younger generations’ emphasis on relationships).
Comments aside, the title is a good and helpful read. I was given a review copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.