M Taylor posted an update 8 months, 3 weeks ago
“Kingdom Values” is another good title by Tony Evans and focuses on living out true character (in the power of the Holy Spirit) in a world that wouldn’t know the Holy Spirit if it bumped into Him in a broom closet! Indeed, I am sick and tired of “virtue signaling” (i.e. – giving the impression that you really care about things when in actuality you may be more interested in being well thought of by others). Instead, true believers in and followers of Jesus Christ let to let the Holy Spirit operate in and through us to positively impact the world around us for His glory.
Now to the book.
What I like about the title:
– Covers many relevant topics (being careful of relying too much on feelings, characteristics of biblical character, various ways biblical truth is attacked by the world, etc.).
– Good balance of spiritual insights and practical application (not just another Christian book full of empty “pious platitudes”).
– Good mix of biblical truth and godly kindness (not truth without love or mushy sentimentalism).
– Well organized and smooth flow from chapter to chapter (not a choppy or disorganized read).
– Good contrasts with worldly living and thinking.
Good read and will be read again. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.