M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 1 week ago
“Discover Your Gifts” by Don Everts is a great read for anyone needing clarification on what their gifts and abilities are for better serving others for God’s glory. The book is written from a Christian perspective and addresses such topics as:
– 2 ways we are transformed when we see everyone being unique and created by God.
– 2 positive results of discovering the many gifts God has given us.
– 12 types of gifts (while someone may be primarily gifted in one area, they may also be gifted in other areas).
– What happens when we see our vocation, whether ministry or “secular”, as a way to love God and serve others.
– What happens when we seek instruction and correction so we can better help others.
– Characteristics of people who finish life well.
– People usually feel closer to God when they grow in their gifts.
– Importance of the local church helping members further develop their gifts to positive impact their community.
The book is very readable, easy to understand, written from a Christian perspective, and is a very helpful read. Highly recommended and will be read again. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.