M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago
“Ending Human Trafficking” is a great title for anyone concerned about one of the world’s greatest problems – human trafficking. The book covers many topics on the subject, including:
– Various ways well-meaning Christians do more harm than good when trying to address the problem. While their motives may be good, their “Savior complex” gets in the way of doing the right and wise thing.
– Description of the various types of trafficking.
– Examples of people in the Bible being delivered from slavery.
– Myths of human trafficking.
– 6 step process for guiding churches to be involved in a human trafficking ministry.
– How to identify human trafficking victims.
– Questions and guidelines for children using the internet (hint: be wise and discerning lest you become a victim).
– Importance of prayer.
What I like about this title:
– Addresses a huge worldwide problem.
– Offers good practical suggestions for churches and individual believers.
– Easy to read and follow.
– Good bibliography for further reading.
– Authors obviously know a lot about the subject.
Very good read and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.