M Taylor posted an update 1 week, 4 days ago
The Person In Psychology And Christianity by Majorie Gunnoe is a great read for describing how some aspects of well known psychological theories can be integrated into Christianity. While psychological classes (like some I took) being taught in colleges avoids reference to God, this book offers a refreshing perspective from a Christian worldview. Just over 200 pages, a few of the many topics covered include:
– Good description of humanity’s essence and purpose.
– Various thoughts on how humans became sinners.
– What Christians can learn from the various theories.
What I like about the title:
– While an academic title, the book is relatively easy to read and understand.
– Excellent description of the theories and their similarities and differences with Christianity.
– Very helpful bibliography for further reading.
– Detailed footnotes.
Many things to like about this title. The book is appropriate for a college course (for colleges that be open to a Christian perspective on the topic) or personal study. Very good title. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.