M Taylor posted an update 2 months, 1 week ago
“Preaching Life-Changing Sermons” by Jesse Nelson is a great read for anyone wanting to improve their preaching skills. While tailored towards preachers, the book is also appropriate for teachers and anyone involve in communication. Around 140 pages, the book addresses many topics, including:
– 4 reasons why seeking the Holy Spirit should be our first step in preparing a sermon.
– How to seek the Holy Spirit.
– 4 steps for studying the Bible.
– 7 steps in structuring a sermon.
– 9 principles for practical application to peoples’ lives.
– How preachers become anointed and what prevents them from being anointed.
– How to deliver a spirit-filled sermon.
– How to do a word study.
– 6 clues for observing the details of a passage.
– 5 reasons for preaching through books of the Bible.
After reading the book, here’s what I like:
– Easy to read, understand, and apply.
– The book does not weigh much at all and may be easily carried with you wherever you go.
– Smooth flow from chapter to chapter.
– Appropriate for beginning/veteran pastors, preachers, and teachers.
– Good list of suggested Bible study aids.
– Includes helpful suggested sermon outlines.
– Very good inclusion of spiritual and practical insights.
Very good read and will be read again. Highly recommended. I was given a review copy by Kregel Ministry in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.