M Taylor posted an update 4 months, 2 weeks ago
“Big Greek Idea Series – Book Of James” is another great entry by Kregel Academic, this one focusing on the biblical book of James. Each chapter in this commentary typically follows this format:
– What the central idea/point is in the text (for example, James 1:1-18). Does this for each chapter in the Book of James.
– How the particular passage is organized.
– Brief outline for the passage (very helpful when preaching/teaching/studying the passage).
– Then goes into explaining the meaning of the passage and description of Greek words used.
After reading enough of the title to get an understanding, here’s what I like:
– Very well organized and smooth flow from chapter to chapter.
– Excellent description of the Greek words used in the passage and their meaning.
– Every verse in the Book of James is covered.
– Explanation of various Greek words the reader can expect to encounter.
– Very good description of James’ writing style and vocabulary.
– Helpful bibliography for further study on the Book of James.
– While an academic title, the book is relatively easy to read and understand.
Full of excellent information, appropriate for sermon/lesson/group study preparation, and well-written, this title will be a very helpful future reference when studying the Book Of James. Highly recommended. I was given a review copy by Kregel Academic in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.