M Taylor posted an update 4 months, 3 weeks ago
“The 7 Resolutions” is a great read for anyone tired of the empty rhetoric of so called “self-help” books (a.k.a. – – “try harder”, “do gooder”, etc.) flooding today’s book market. The author writes from a refreshingly different worldview (Christian) and exhorts the read to rely on God’s power while at the same time being responsible for his/her own life.
The book revolves around 7 resolutions for a better quality of life:
– Join God in His work, die to sin, think of truth, choose friends wisely, take risks, focus your effort (instead of trying to do everything), redeeming your time.
After reading the title, here’s what I liked:
– Easy to read, follow, and apply.
– Good mix of practical and spiritual insights.
– Smooth flow from chapter to chapter.
– Good mix of the author’s successes and failures.
– Helpful ending to each chapter for practical application (not just full of motivational hype and pious platitudes).
Good for people of all ages and stations in life. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.