M Taylor posted an update 4 months, 3 weeks ago
“Making Things Right At Work” is a great read for improving work relationships, especially in today’s toxic work environments. In a day and age, when the workplace is getting harder to endure for many people, this title is a timely read. Around 160 pages, many topics are covered, including:
– What causes fractured work relationships.
– The various ways we can be offended at work.
– The benefits of active (really listening) listening – there are many.
– How to create of harmony at work (uh, “leaders” and managers, you really need to read this chapter!).
– Various ways we use indirect communication.
– The ways we shade the truth.
– Why we need to consider other peoples’ point of view (you don’t have to agree with them, but you do need to listen!).
– Reasons why people don’t apologize.
– Different apology languages.
– Ways we can create trust in the workplace.
What I like about the title:
– Easy to read, understand, and apply.
– Much of the content is common sense, however, we don’t always use common sense at work!
– Smooth transition from chapter to chapter.
– Full of good practical insights.
– Written from an admittingly Christian worldview.
Excellent read and will be read again. Will be a helpful future reference. I was given a review copy by Northfield/Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.