M Taylor posted an update 5 months ago
In a day and age of celebrity worship, self-worship, self-promotion, only one deserves worship and honor – God almighty. Christopher Morgan and Robert Peterson’s title “The Glory Of God And Paul” is good and timely read on God’s glory throughout the Bible, especially the Pauline letters. Around 280 pages, many topics on the subject are covered, inlcuding:
– Ways God’s glory are displayed throughout the Bible.
– How God’s glory is shown in creation, the fall, and our redemption.
– God’s glory as revealed in biblical books composed by the Apostle Paul (Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, 2 Thessalonians, etc.
– How God’s glory is revealed in our lives.
– How Christian theology describes God’s glory.
After reading this book, here are some of the things I like:
– Based on sound Christian theology.
– While an academic book, the title is relatively easy to read and understand.
– Well organized and written, and smoothly transitions from chapter to chapter (not a choppy read).
Will read again more slowly and deeply. Highly recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP Academic in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.