M Taylor posted an update 4 months ago
“Food Triggers” by Amber Lia is a good read for anyone wanting to lose weight from a Christian perspective. Around 230 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– The author’s own experiences and struggles in losing weight.
– Practical suggestions for watching your weight in various situations (traveling, eating out, holidays, experiencing certain emotions, etc.).
– Internal triggers that can tempt you to overeat (stress, boredom, lonely, waiting until you are very hungry before eating, etc.).
– Suggestions for celebrating your victories (i.e., it’s okay to indulge every so often).
– Getting support from others.
After reading enough of this book, here’s what I like:
– Contains many good practical suggestions for losing and monitoring your weight.
– Flows smoothly from chapter to chapter.
– Good scriptural references and includes a prayer at the end of each chapter.
The only real criticism I have is that at times the author made many references to her coaching business and sometimes came across as a sales pitch. Comment aside, still a good read. I was given a review copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.