M Taylor posted an update 5 months, 2 weeks ago
“Unleashing Peace” by Jeremiah Johnston is a great read for anyone searching for and wanting true peace in today’s chaotic world. Written from a Christian perspective, the book is around 200 pages and addresses many topics, including:
– The importance of presence in people’s lives (i.e., don’t rely on just social media, email, etc. alone to encourage people).
– Have enough margin in your life so you can be available for other people (those times of conversations with neighbors, family, friends, etc. can often be unplanned or unexpected and if we are too busy for other people, we miss out!). This was one of the most (if not the most) important points in the book as I have sensed the Lord showing me areas of my life to let go off so I have more time for Him and people).
– Various ways Jesus Christ practiced presence in people’s lives.
– Being vulnerable makes us better overall people for God’s glory.
– 3 points of happiness as mentioned in Isaiah 3:10.
– Ways the Bible can be misused and abused for personal gain and shaming others.
– How physical health, mental health, and soul care are integrated.
After reading this title, here’s what I like:
– Written from a decidedly Christian perspective.
– Easy to read and follow.
– Covers a wide variety of relevant topics.
– Very timely read in today’s world.
Will be read again and recommended. I was given a copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.