M Taylor posted an update 1 year, 6 months ago
“The Manifold Beauty Of Genesis One” is an excellent read for anyone wanting to know God more deeply through reading the Book Of Genesis. The book uses many approaches in accomplishing its objective by mentioning the following themes in Genesis that represent/symbolize God: tabernacle, song, land, time/calendar, analogies, and other ways.
Around 200 pages, I have read enough of this book and some of things I like about the title:
– While an academic read, the book is well-written and easy to follow.
– Well-organized and thought out.
– Dives deeply into the Book of Genesis and describes much contextual information that helps the reader better understand the author’s points.
– Uses many New Testament references for connecting the topic being mentioned in the Book Of Genesis.
– Very readable title and greatly helps the reader to better understand the Book Of Genesis.
Will read this title more deeply in the future and really like what I’ve seen so far. Highly recommended. I saw where one of the authors is a professor at Ole Miss and spends time exploring the swamps in Mississippi. I have traveled to Mississippi quite a few times over the years and have spent time overlooking the “mighty” Mississippi River and see God’s power in creation in the river (also see His power in beaches and mountains in my home state of North Carolina).
I was given a review copy by Kregel Academic in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.