M Taylor posted an update 8 months, 1 week ago
“Count It All Joy” by John Perkins is a great read by someone who has experienced much suffering (racial, health, etc.) in his long life and is well-qualified to write such a title. Around 150 pages, there are many things I liked about this title:
– Very readable and easy to follow.
– Writer shares his personal experiences and those of other people of how they suffered as a result of a growing walk with Jesus Christ.
– Repeated emphasis on suffering as a good way to grow stronger in Jesus Christ.
– Author’s honesty in sharing his experiences and struggle in forgiving those who harmed him in various ways.
– Author’s insistence on forgiving his persecutors.
Be warned – this title is not the “fluff and puff” of other “Christian” titles that can cause the reader to think that he/she can grow spiritually without experiencing hard times. Highly recommended. I was given a review title by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.