M Taylor posted an update 5 months, 1 week ago
“The Innovation Crisis” by Ted Esler is a very good read on the need for churches and parachurch ministries to adapt in the world while not compromising biblical truth in reaching people for Jesus Christ and helping them grown into spiritual maturity. Around 270 pages, many topics are addressed, including:
– Seeing where your ministry fits in the innovation spectrum (stagnating to disrupting).
– Finding a problem worth solving.
– Myths about innovation.
– Showing empathy to others like Jesus Christ did.
– 5 stages of design thinking (process of creating products that meets people’s needs).
– Determining and focusing on who your ministry serves.
– Different methods of church planting.
– Characteristics of innovative leadership.
– Traits of innovators.
What I liked about the book:
– Good mix of biblical truth and applying technology.
– Excellent flow of content from chapter to chapter.
– Addresses the reality of ministries needing to adapt without compromising biblical values.
– Relatively easy to read and understand.
– Covers many relevant topics.
I have read enough of this book to know this is a very good and relevant read in today’s world. Recommended and will read more deeply and slowly in the future. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.