M Taylor posted an update 2 months ago
“It’s Not Your Turn” by Heather Day is a great read on a dirty four-letter word in many people’s vocabulary – wait. While many in today’s hurry up, frantic, stressed out society demands results now, waiting is a necessary and important part of life. Around 200 pages, the author addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– Suggestions on what to do while you wait.
– Let God purify your motives while you wait.
– Importance of keeping in touch with people and making new connections while you wait.
– Learn to appreciate the present while you wait for a future event.
– Waiting on God to act helps you to see Him in a different way.
Many things to like about the title:
– Easy to read and understand.
– Good combination of the author’s personal experiences and experiences of other people.
– Good practical suggestions.
– Covers a variety of relevant topics.
– Written from a Christian perspective.
Good read and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.