M Taylor posted an update 2 months ago
“Spurgeon On The Power Of Scripture” is a great read and compilation of Charles Spurgeon’s sermons and thoughts on the power of the Holy Bible. Just under 150 pages, some of the topics covered include:
– 4 purposes for the power of scripture.
– Better to be well-thought of by God instead of the world!
– Importance of taking God at His word and believing the Bible.
– How to treat the Bible.
– Ways you benefit by reading the Bible.
What I like about the title:
– Covers a variety of topics that were relevant in Spurgeon’s day and today.
– Easy to read and understand.
– Good flow from chapter to chapter.
– Book is easy to carry around wherever you want to read the title.
– Good combination of spiritual and practical insights.
Will read again and highly recommended. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.