M Taylor posted an update 2 months, 1 week ago
Along with AW Tozer, Andrew Murray is one of my favorite authors on the “deeper life” where a person draws closer and becomes more (though the power of the Holy Spirit) like Jesus Christ. I really enjoy reading titles like these as opposed to the many pop-psychology, feel good titles being published today. This title combines three of Murray’s titles:
– Humility (the title says enough) – great topic to read and practice today in a day of self-promotion, arrogance, narcissism, etc.
– Abiding In Christ – Becoming more like Jesus Christ in your walk with Him.
– Living A Prayerful Life – the importance of prayer in the believer’s life.
After reading most of the over 460-page title, here’s what I like:
– Like other Murray titles I have, these books combine great spiritual insights with practical application.
– Easy to read and yet very profound content.
– Covers very important topics in today’s age.
– Good combination of conviction, compassion, and challenge.
– Covers many relevant Bible verses – not just a compilation of the author’s thoughts.
Excellent read and will be read again. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Bethany House in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.