M Taylor posted an update 3 months ago
Isaiah” by Paul Wegner is a great single volume commentary on the Book of Isaiah. After reading through the book, there are many things I like about this title:
– Good verse by verse exegesis (not just a brief summary of a bunch of verses lumped together).
– Scholarly, and yet easy to read and understand.
– Good comprehensive bibliography for further reading.
– Appropriate for pastor, Bible teacher, or personal study.
– While comprehensive, the book is not large and heavy to carry around – easily fits into a bookbag.
– Good description of additional information (introduction to the Book of Isaiah, date, author, setting, purpose, etc.).
– Helpful additional notes on relevant topics (countries, cities, people, etc.).
An excellent title and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.