M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago
“40 Questions About The Historical Jesus” is an excellent title from a Christian viewpoint in a day and age when skepticism about Jesus Christ is growing and growing. Around 360 pages, the book covers many areas about Jesus:
– Various views of Jesus Christ.
– Jesus birth and childhood (when was He born, was He really born of a virgin, did Jesus have brothers and sisters, was He rich or poor, etc.).
– What the Old Testament teaches about the coming Messiah.
– Jesus’ life and teaching (earthly ministry, miracles, 12 disciples, Jesus’ baptism, etc.).
– Main messages behind the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
– Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
What I liked about the book:
– Covers a wide variety of areas on Jesus Christ’s life.
– Well-written, thoughtful, scholarly and easy to understand.
– Respectful of differing viewpoints.
– How the author comes to a conclusion about a particular question.
– Comprehensive bibliography.
Highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn more about Jesus Christ from a Christian viewpoint. Will read again more deeply and slowly in the future. I received a review copy from Kregel Academic in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.