M Taylor posted an update 1 week, 2 days ago
“The Coming Race Wars” is a good and timely read on the problem of racial tension in today’s culture. The book was originally written in 1992 after the Los Angeles riots resulting from the police brutality towards Rodney King. The author writes this new edition with expanded information from the 1992 issue.
While improvements in race relations and opportunities have improved for minorities in some ways, some things have gotten worse and problems still exist. Finished reading the book the other day and things I liked about this title:
– Easy to read and understand.
– Informative about race relations in the early 1990s and today.
– Fair criticism of Democrat and Republican politicians and policies.
– Fair coverage of how the white evangelical church has focused too much on “taking back our country” while minimizing racial relations and problems.
– Warnings that America will suffer even more if racial relations do not improve.
Good and enlightening read and recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in return for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.