M Taylor posted an update 4 months ago
“The Magna Carta Of Humantiy” by Os Guinnness is an excellent read on today’s struggle for freedom in America. Guinness has written several thought-provoking titles in the past and this one is no different. The author uses the American Revolution and French Revolution as the basis for his points and compares and contrasts the revolutions and how they are relevant today.
Things I liked about the title:
– As mentioned earlier, a thought-provoking title like Guinness’ other titles.
– Well-written and points are clearly made, whether or not you agree with his conclusions.
– Liked how he uses the example of the Jews in Egyptian bondage to show how various peoples, at various times, in various countries, have suffered in bondage.
– Appreciate Guinness having the boldness to list several examples of America’s inconsistency of being a land of freedom and yet having a long history of slavery (and not just in the South).
– Various ways America can experience greater freedom (it starts with repentance for past and present sins).
All in all, an excellent read and I look forward to reading again. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.