M Taylor posted an update 4 months ago
“Relational Spirituality” is a good read for anyone wanting to learn more about the connection between spiritual maturity and strong relationships. The title is academic and written from a Christian perspective and covers many topics, including:
– How theology and relationships are connected.
– The importance of goodwill towards others in relationships.
– Why we need to see other people as unique and special in God’s eyes (even though we may disagree with their beliefs, lifestyle, etc.).
– How spiritual transformation can happen.
– Examples of relationships (God and people, people and people) are mentioned and described in the Bible.
As mentioned, the book is an academic title and will require for those unfamiliar with the topic of the theological-psychological connection to read slowly. I have read enough of the book to know this is a good title and is recommended. Will read again more slowly and thoroughly. Good read.
I received a review copy by IVP Academic in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.