M Taylor posted an update 2 weeks, 2 days ago
“Hinge Moments” is a good read for anyone dealing with a current or anticipating a future life transition. Whether a job loss/career change, moving into a new season of life, children leaving the home, changes in personal health, etc., transitions are a normal part of life. How we deal with the transitions or choices we make concerning the transition/opportunity affects the course of our lives. Around 150 pages, the book covers many topics on the subject, including:
– Why changes can hurt us.
– Learning to trust (God, other people, etc.) during the transition.
– The importance of being flexible in your transition.
– Ways we can grow in our transition.
– Suggestions for dealing with the change in our lives.
There are several things I liked about the title:
– Well-written and easy to understand.
– While written from a Christian perspective, the book is not full of pious platitudes and is full of practical suggestions.
– Covers a wide variety of topics on life’s transitions.
– Smoothly transitions from chapter to chapter.
– A good mix of biblical examples, people from history, the author’s own experiences, and studies that concern people dealing with transitions.
A good title for anyone either dealing with a current life transition or anticipating a potential future life change. Recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.