M Taylor posted an update 2 weeks, 3 days ago
In my humble opinion, Christianity and Psychology can be integrated – a positive and well-lived life can be accomplished with a Christian foundation. “Positive Psychology In Christian Perspective” is a title that shows how. Around 270 pages, the book covers many relevant topics:
– Definition of positive psychology.
– How religion (Christianity properly defined and applied) is good for you.
– How positive psychology can be used in various settings: work, military, sports, etc.
– How guilt can be good.
– Using positive psychology for wisdom mindfulness, resilience, and other traits.
– Why positive psychology is useful in relationships.
Many things to like about this title:
– Well-written and easily understandable.
– References many studies when covering a particular topic.
– Describes many practical applications.
– Thorough list of references used in this title.
– Covers many relevant topics in today’s world.
Good textbook to use for a psychology class at a Christian university – many secular universities will probably not like the Christian worldview used in this text. Recommended. I was given a review copy by IVP in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.