M Taylor posted an update 4 months, 1 week ago
“Character Matters” is a good timely read for anyone interested in the topic of character. While written by a pastor for those in the ministry, the book is an appropriate read for anyone in a position of influence. Around 180 pages, the author addresses many topics, including:
– Our life’s aim is to glorify God and let Him produce spiritual fruit through us for Christ.
– 4 ways to grow in your love for others.
– To find joy means not looking for it directly. Instead, let it be a by-product of walking with Jesus and serving others.
– True peace is found only in Jesus Christ.
– The importance of patience in the ministry.
– God often works slowly, but surely.
– Ways we can grow in our kindness towards others.
– The more we realize that only God is truly good, the less we will brag about our good works.
– Being meek is not being weak.
The title is very readable, full of good insights, and is a good balance of the author’s experiences and biblical examples. Good reference for anyone in the ministry or interested in developing their character. Recommended.