M Taylor posted an update 1 month, 1 week ago
Over the years I have read several Christian-related books and just recently completed this gem. After reading this title, I chastised myself for not reading the book earlier.
The book is vintage Tozer – insightful, penetrating, and uncompromising – just like his other titles.
Among the important points Tozer covers include:
1. We pursue God because He first pursued us.
2. We must put away all efforts to try to impress God and others and instead come to God in a child-like fashion.
3. God formed us for His pleasure.
4. Most people are too stubborn or busy to listen to God.
5. A meek person is one who has decided that the esteem of the world is not worth the effort.
6. Our daily labors can be acts of worship if our motive is pure.
7. Our break with the world is the result of the desire to exalt God above all others.
8. We must yield to God and trust Him to crucify our self-life.
Read and enjoy this classic as an excellent encouragement to exalt God.