M Taylor posted an update 1 year ago
In the past I’ve noticed two extremist approaches and reactions to Islam:
– Every Muslim seems to be a terrorist.
– Islam is just like other religions (i.e., “all religions are the same”).
Thankfully, “40 Questions About Islam” does not take that approach and is a very timely book in today’s world. The author writes from a Christian perspective, does not hesitate to show the many differences (and some similarities with Christianity), and deals respectfully with Muslims.
The book centers around 40 questions centered around 7 topics such as: Islamic theology, practice of Islam, history of Islam, and others. Some of the 40 questions addressed include:
– What is the Islamic view of salvation (works-based vs. the Christian view of grace-based through Jesus Christ).
– What does Islam teach about women?
– How is Islam incompatible with the gospel?
– Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?
– What are the five pillars of Islam?
The responses to each question is fair, scholarly, and easy to read and understand. The book is a very helpful reference to anyone wanting to know more about Islam and how it compares/contrasts to Christianity. Whether for personal study, small group, academic class, etc., the book is a very good and understandable read. Recommended.