M Taylor posted an update 2 months, 1 week ago
“An Unhurried Life” is a great read for anyone needing encouragement to slow down and enjoy life and people more and being less consumed with busyness and productivity. Around 200 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– While the church is often consumed with trying to attract a crowd, Jesus focused much more on growing a few disciples.
– Being unhurried enables us to notice nudges from God.
– The hurry valued by our society comes at a great cost.
– 3 ways the devil tempts us to hurry.
– Be careful of becoming so efficient that you become unloving towards others.
– We need to focus more on spending time alone with the Father instead of trying to please the crowd (AMEN!).
– God allows time of waiting, pruning, and refining to mature us.
– Genuine productivity is the result of abiding in Christ.
Very readable, smoothly transitions from chapter to chapter, and a good balance of spiritual and practical insights. My only problem with the title is the only difference with this new edition is the addition of examples of how to enjoy God’s presence in 5-minute periods. Because of the author’s experiences and excellent writing styles, I would have liked to have seen more chapters more aspects of the unhurried life he promotes. Other than the addition of the “5-minute periods”, this new edition is really no different from the book’s earlier edition. Still, an excellent read. Recommended.