M Taylor posted an update 2 months, 3 weeks ago
“A Holy Pursuit” is a good read targeted towards women (although some parts could also apply to men) on knowing when to lay down dreams and desires for God’s glory. Around 190 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– Our life’s goal is to glorify God and not just become a better of yourself. We need to focus on God and not just on our desires and dreams.
– Lies of the world concerning dreams and desires (follow your heart, making a difference, etc.).
– Lies about dreams and desires that Christians believe ( walking in freedom to do whatever you want regardless of how it impacts other people, etc.).
– Be careful of worshipping your dreams and desires instead of God.
– How the gospel changes our dreams and desires.
– Questions to ask about whether your dream lines up with God’s will for your life.
– Be willing to let your dream die if that’s God’s will – He has something better in store for you!
– Questions the Christian believer can ask for greater discernment about the dream.
The chapters flow smoothly from chapter to chapter, is a good balance of scriptural insights and the author’s experiences with her military husband’s several deployments, and is easy to read. As mentioned before, while men can learn some things from the book, the title is targeted mainly towards women. Good read.