@mtayloractive 4 days, 3 hours ago
“Good Man” is a good read for men in a day and age when males are often portrayed as brutish or weak, dumb or condescending, controlling or indifferent, etc. The author goes against the grain by listing what he thinks are good traits for a man to have. The traits can be found in some way in the Bible, some of the traits include:
– Being…[Read more]
In a day and age when the pressure for teenagers to conform to this world is very great, “Love Riot” is a good read for teenagers to go against the grain and instead be conformed to Jesus Christ. Around 200 pages, the author covers many topics for teenagers to ponder, including:
– The happiness offered by the world is a counterfeit and is not…[Read more]
In the past I’ve noticed two extremist approaches and reactions to Islam:
– Every Muslim seems to be a terrorist.
– Islam is just like other religions (i.e., “all religions are the same”).
Thankfully, “40 Questions About Islam” does not take that approach and is a very timely book in today’s world. The author writes from a Christian…[Read more]
“The Message Of Mark” by English
Read through this product and many things to like about it:
– Easy to read and understand.
– Full of good biblical insights.
– Comprehensive enough to cover all verses in the Book of Mark.
– Not heavy and cumbersome to carry around.
– Examples of how a verse relates to today’s life.
Good product and will come in…[Read more]
“An Unhurried Life” is a great read for anyone needing encouragement to slow down and enjoy life and people more and being less consumed with busyness and productivity. Around 200 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– While the church is often consumed with trying to attract a crowd, Jesus focused much more on…[Read more]
“The Vision Driven Leader” is a great read for anyone who wants to craft a vision or improve an existing vision for their organization. Whether a business, nonprofit, government, etc. the book is an appropriate for the leader in any setting. Around 220 pages, many topics are covered, including:
– The difference between leaders and managers.
“A Holy Pursuit” is a good read targeted towards women (although some parts could also apply to men) on knowing when to lay down dreams and desires for God’s glory. Around 190 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– Our life’s goal is to glorify God and not just become a better of yourself. We need to focus on God…[Read more]
“The Sacred Chase” is a helpful read for anyone wanting a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. Around 190 pages, the book covers many topics, including:
– The difference between proximity to and intimacy with Jesus Christ.
– The danger of letting religious activity get in the way of a relationship with Jesus.
– Deep down, many people want a…[Read more]
“The Leadership Formula” is a good read for anyone in church leadership who wants to either become a more effective servant or find potential servants in a local church. Around 180 pages, the book addresses many topics on the subject, including:
– The importance of making decisions for the right reason instead of popular opinion.
– Jesus’…[Read more]
“Letters To A Birmingham Jail” is an excellent read on expanding the Civil Rights Movement embodied by Dr. Martin Luther King. The title is around 230 pages and consists of articles written by black and white authors on a number of topics on the subject, including:
– The ongoing need to work on racial reconciliation.
– The importance of having…[Read more]
“They Shall Expel Demons” is an interesting and informative read on the reality of demons and the work they do in this world. As a committed Christian, I focus most of my thoughts on Jesus Christ. However, I find it helpful to know a little about the enemy and what they do to attack and persecute God’s children. Around 350 pages, many topics are…[Read more]
“The Spiritually Vibrant Home” by Don Everts is a great read for anyone wanting to establish strong spiritual roots in their home. Around 190 pages, the title may be completed in a few sittings and covers such topics as:
– What a spiritually vibrant home looks like.
– What makes for a spiritually vibrant home.
– What the Bible says about…[Read more]
“Shift: Courageously Moving from Season to Season” is a good read for anyone needing encouragement and insights on how to progress through life’s seasons. Around 220 pages, the book covers many topics, including:
– Insights for making decisions in each season of life.
– Remembering answers to prayer during life’s changes.
– Discerning God’s…[Read more]
Vince Bantu’s title “A Multitude Of All Peoples” is a good read that refutes the belief that Christianity is a white person’s religion. Around 240 pages, the book is organized as follows:
– Introduction where the author states his main purpose is to correct the mistaken belief that Christianity is only for white people and excludes other…[Read more]
“Defying The Holocaust” is a very sobering read on the horrible treatment of Jews and other types of people during the Holocaust and descriptions of several types of Christian who protected them during that time. Just over 230 pages, the book contains 3 main sections:
– Introduction – 12 categories of people especially singled out for…[Read more]
“Don’t Overthink It” is a good read seemingly targeted mainly towards women, but men can learn something too. The book addresses the tendency to think too much about something to the point we do not take positive action and are paralyzed by our fear and inactivity. Just over 200 pages, many topics are covered, including:
– Signs of “analysis…[Read more]
While “Spiritual Conversations With Children” is targeted mainly towards children, the book is a helpful read for engaging people of all ages. Around 150 pages, the title addresses such topics as:
– 3 influences on human spiritual development.
– 4 elements that can shape a child’s relationship with the Trinity.
– Listening to others with our…[Read more]
“100 Days To A Healthier Church” is a good title for initiating positive change in your church. The book consists of 100 daily readings over a 15-week period and addresses many topics for a healthier church. Many things to like about the title:
– Short daily readings centered around one topic.
– Readings are easy to understand.
– Good mix of…[Read more]
- Load More