A good friend of mine issued me a writing challenge to post 10 interesting things about myself. I knew I didn’t want to put it on Facebook but what perfect timing, to tell y’all 10 interesting or not, things about me. Here goes…
- I’m left handed. Actually very left handed. My right hand is only good for pulling up my pants and lifting up my grandson.
- I’m a fifth generation Texan.
- I am the mother of two wonderful children, both adults now. My 30 year old daughter has a 2 year old son and works as an EMT. My 26 year old son is a classically trained chef and works at a restaurant in Austin, TX.
- I’m divorced and actually get along with my ex better now than I did the entire last five years we were married.
- I went back to college at 45 years old to finish the bachelor’s degree I started at 18.
- I love the mountains. Always dreamed of living there but now that I have a grandchild, I don’t know if that will ever happen… unless he moves there too.
- I don’t like pickles but love cucumbers.
- I am trying my hand at raising chickens. I have 5 hens of 3 different breeds that have just started laying. This should be interesting.
- I work as a 9-1-1 operator and dispatcher for my local sheriff’s office. I have done that for 15 years now.
- My hobbies (when I have the time) are writing/blogging, quilting, reading and jig saw puzzles.
Well, that’s my basics. I’m not the most interesting person in the world, but I have my stories. Now it’s your turn. I hereby challenge all on Thinkr to introduce themselves with 10 interesting facts about themselves. Are you up to the challenge?